Project Overview & Components
Data being collected
All imaging will be conducted at Massachusetts General Hospital on one of three scanners: A 3T Siemens Prisma, 3T Siemens ConnectomA, and 7T Siemens. A limited version of the HCP Lifespan scanning protocol will be implemented with the intent of keeping the total MR scanning time to under 2 hours.
- Standard HCP demographics.
- Imaging: The imaging modalities are structural, diffusion, and functional (both resting state and task) with the following tasks: emotion processing, incentive processing, social cognition, working memory/category-specific representations.
- Clinical: Child Schedule for Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia Present and Lifetime Version, Revised Child Anxiety and Depression Scale, Beck Depression Inventory-II, Snaith-Hamilton Pleasure Scale, State-Trait Anxiety Inventory, Behavioral Inhibition System and Behavioral Activation System Questionnaire, Beck Scale for Suicidal Ideation, Risky Behavior Questionnaire for Adolescents, Stress and Adversity Inventory.
- Behavioral: NIH toolbox, HCP behavioral measures, fear learning and extinction, biased attention to threat.
The study includes of 225 adolescents ages 14-15. Of these, 45 are healthy controls, and 180 are participants with and without anxiety and/or depression.
Data Release Plans
- The first data release includes 75 participants.
- The second data release includes 150 participants.
- The third data release includes 225 participants.
Adolescent; Anxiety; Mental Depression; Mood Disorders; White Matter
For More Information:
Boston Adolescent Neuroimaging of Depression and Anxiety (BANDA)